The Trône Columns, Pari    

These 2 columns once formed part of the walls known as the “mur des Fermiers Généraux”, but were vandalized during the Revolutions of 1789 and 1830. Restored in 1842 they were improved and classed as “Historical Monuments” in 1907. Our work consisted in removing the 2 large iron work balustrades and the 158 steps of the spiral staircase. The careful and meticulous restoration work, which required expert metallography, took several months. Some elements had to be copied from the originals, recast and reintegrated into the structure. Grafts and remedial work were needed, so that the structures could regain their former solidity and function.

Architect: J.F LAGNEAU


Want to know more ?

Contact us
  • Ralisation Ateliers Frignac
  • Ralisation Ateliers Frignac
  • Ralisation Ateliers Frignac
  • Ralisation Ateliers Frignac
  • Ralisation Ateliers Frignac
  • Ralisation Ateliers Frignac